Saturday 28 July 2012


A busy day on the beach with the beginning of the world famous Swanage Carnival. This mostly involved a lot of pre-recorded music being played from the stage, a bloke in a Robot suit scaring the kids and a firework display tonight at 21.45. It was interesting to note that although the firework technicians had set up an exclusion zone around the banjo pier somebody had got as close as they could to the beast part of half a ton of explosives and lit a barbecue and were happily grilling their sausages, almost underneath the tape fence.
My sight of the day was a magnificent Mayan temple sculpted from sand

Strange conversation of the day: A lady approached me very apologetically, she told me that she had spilt a load of chips near the loos. She went on to explain that she had been washing them under the tap because her child had got sand in them. They were in a cardboard kid's meal box and the bottom of it fell out when it got wet. She was complaining that her child didn't have anything to eat now and should she ask the shop for some more?
The day finished with me doing a screening of Moonlight Kingdom at the theatre, then home for something to eat as the long awaited firework display got under way. There were thousands of people on the beach for the display and I can only feel for my colleagues who have the early shift tomorrow and face a mountain of clearing up before I clock on at 11.30.
I've just taken delivery of a few copies of my book, so if you want a signed copy stop me on the beach and its yours for £6.75.
Stats: 21790 steps 9.29 miles
If you have enjoyed reading this blog why not take a look at some of my other work, My book "The Art of Coarse Boating" is available at: Buy The-art-of-coarse-boating

Also see my own website: jeffdray.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Many congrats on the publication of your book. Hope it sells and you are soon a millionaire! Which reminds me, I need to check my Tottery Licket!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tottery Licket update - Nowt! Sigh! :-(

    ReplyDelete