Monday 30 July 2012

Arrived on the beach today at ten to twelve to find that the early crew had done an amazing job in clearing the mess from yesterdays procession and air display. Lots of compliments from the public (oops nearly a Freudian slip there, missed the L out) I hear so many people saying how they keep coming back to Swanage, "The Naage" as it is often referred to, because it is unspoilt old fashioned sea side, without too much blaring music. I'm a big fan of the traditional seaside scene, Punch and Judy seems to be dying out so It is great to have a show right on my doorstep.  I've caught most of the show as I pass to and fro so if the professor ever wants a day off let me know and I'll dust off my Swazzle.

 Managed to pick up a pair of flip flops today, they looked abandoned and there was nobody nearby so in the bag they went. On arrival back at Bin Central was approached by a woman asking if I had seen them. I vaguely remembered them in the last bag I had picked up but as luck would have it the truck from the depot came along and I gratefully hurled it into the back, along with many others, The truck was by the kerb and I tried to remember which bag it was. By process of elimination we found them, gave them a rinse under the tap and handed them back to the grateful owner who explained that her intrepid son had been swimming out at sea and came back to find them gone. I was hurrying, normally I leave clothing that looks discarded until my next pass before bagging it but this was my last one of the day and my snap decision turned out to be wrong. Ooops!
My favourite sand sculptor had been at work again:

 stats: 16051 steps 6.84 miles

I've just taken delivery of a few copies of my book, so if you want a signed copy stop me on the beach and its yours for £6.75.

If you have enjoyed reading this blog why not take a look at some of my other work, My book "The Art of Coarse Boating" is available at: Buy The-art-of-coarse-boating
 Also see my own website: jeffdray.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment